Interview Bloopers - The Questions (How *not* to answer!)


Barry Shamis of Selecting Winners, Inc. has compiled a list of really bad answers to interview questions. Here they are:

  • Q. Why should I hire you? A. Because they say you should always hire people who are better than you.

  • Q. Why do you want this job? A. So I can have a front for my more lucrative activities.

  • Q. What do you remember about your life as a child? A. The courts promised to suppress all that after I turned 18. Why do you want to know?

  • Q. Who do you admire most in history? A. The Three Stooges. Q. Why? A. Because when someone asked them a stupid question, they smacked the idiot in the face.

  • Q. What five or six adjectives best describe you? A. Really, really, really, really, really cool.

  • Q. What can you tell me about your creative ability? A. I think my answers to most of your questions are pretty good indicators.

  • Q. Tell me about you as a team player? A. Teamwork is OK, as long as other people don't get in the way.

  • Q. Are you willing to take a drug test as part of your employment? A. Sure. What kind of drugs do I get to test?

  • Q. Did your grade-point average reflect your work ability? A. Absolutely. Maximum results for minimum effort has always been my goal.

  • Q. Do you consider yourself to be a smart person? A. No. But I'm the only person in the world with that opinion.

  • Q. What is your greatest weakness? A. Three-foot putts for par.

  • Q. How do you handle change? A. I usually put it in a jar in my sock drawer.

  • Q. Can you supervise people? A. Sure. Tell people what to do, then kick their butts if they don't do it.

  • Q. Describe your management style. A. Don't do anything you can make someone else do for you.

  • Q. How do you set an example? A. I never let anyone catch me sleeping in my office.

  • Q. How would your subordinates describe your management style? A. Who cares.

  • Q. Who is a “problem person"? A. Anyone who disagrees with me.

  • Q. Are you a good communicator? A. Huh? Adopted from http://resume.bgolden.com/