What Is True Love?

LOVE is not a feeling. Love is an action. Love is a choice. True Love is the action to choose unconditionally in the process of offering to another human being the qualities of: Affection, Care, Concern, Respect, Thoughtfulness, Forgiveness, Compassion, Trust, Joy and many other positive emotional expressions of value and worth toward ANY living being as being Loveable and valuable. Removing life support for a dying loved one. In every example, Love is an action through choice. When you see each other and have a smile on your face, when your loved one makes a mistake and you can't get angry on him even when you try hard. When you think of spending every possible time with your loved one. This is true love

"True love" can and will differ from person to person based on emotional maturity. To know true love you not only must love in such a way that you would give your own life at the drop of a hat to save him/her, but you must be loved in return. If you get married to someone, and fifteen years later, you can still look them in the eye and feel the same as you did on your first date, then it's true love. Like the below quote; a good way to know true love is to base it on how you feel for the last person you loved romantically in your life.

We always believe that our first Love is our last, and our last Love is our first. I get choked up telling her how much I care about her.- I feel pain every time she hurts.- every couple I see reminds me of her.- everything I want to do I want to do with her.- I have a craving for something I crave it with her.- it still excites me when she calls.- telling each other we love each other means more each time.- I know that I love her more now than I did yesterday.- I can be my absolute self with her and she can do the same.- her beauty in my eyes never fades.- we can disagree and compromise with each other.

True love: is hard to find and painful to lose, can be the best thing that happens to you or the worst, can drive you crazy or keep you sane, can destroy lives or save them, can stop wars or start them, can clarify or confuse, pushes and pulls people away, obvious and subliminal, is impossible to define.

When one is aware of shortcomings of the partner and yet accepts. When the ego does not come in between in differences and one would rather clear the air, or apologize and patch up, than break-up. When one 'desires' the partner in spite of not 'needing' or 'wanting' the other. When you 'chose' to be with him/ her in spite of other options - not because there are no options !When you give each other space and respect individuality. When you enjoy togetherness - talking or even silence - and tender touching. When you can’t even think of hurting or insult the partner’s feelings. That is true love. Maybe too idealistic ? And it may or may not mean that it is reciprocated. It could be unrequited for all you know. But yet the memories bring a spring to the step and a smile on your face. You never wish him/ her ill and would never harm in any way. These are just a few points which come to my mind but there is so much more. Like true love the topic is also 'endless'. Adopted from www.blogcatalog.com